335 W 806 N Valparaiso, IN 46385
Menu
Search

Blog


Jun 06

What’s at Stake?

What’s at stake?
2.5 quintillion bytes of data are produced every day. And over the past couple of years, 90% of the total data in existence was created, with significant portion of which was generated by small businesses.

It adds up to a lot of data to protect, considering all the servers, desktops, and laptops that typical SMBs manage. Nearly 75% of SMBs, however, operate without a disaster recovery plan and only 25% are “extremely confident” that if compromised, they can recover data. Only about 50% of SMBs back up less than 60% of their data. And the rest of the 40%? No protection for it whatsoever.

According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), 40 percent of all businesses are closing their doors permanently after a disaster. Statistics from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) indicate that after being struck by disaster, more than 90% of businesses fail within two years. What do SMBs do to protect themselves? More than 60 percent of them still transport tapes to a storage facility or other office, a surprisingly large number, keeping in mind the technology is over four decades old and the processes of storage and retrieval are extremely complicated. Meanwhile, about 20% are already using some sort of cloud-based data backup.

Are you confident that your business can survive a disaster, whether it’s mother nature, failing hardware or just an accident by an employee? Take a moment to think about what’s really at stake. Not only is it your data, but the company as a whole, and all those who depend on your company. Customers, vendors, employees and families.

Categories

Archives

Get in Touch

Please fill out all fields marked with * and submit the following form to request your consultation.

Call Now Button